Cotswold stone gables & mullioned windows
Stone gables of Stanton Court, a magnficent Jacobean Cotswold stone country house in Stanton, Gloucestershire, remodelled by the Arts & Crafts architect Phillip Stott. Stott moved to Stanton in the 1920's. He was a tremendous local benefactor, renovating much of Stanton village just as Ashbee's Guild of Handicraft had renovated Chipping Campden's buildings two decades earlier. He lived at The Vyne whilst remodelling Stanton Court. The Court generated its own electricity which powered all the 'Stott lanterns' installed around the village, which still exist today (see other images in this gallery).
Date taken: 20 June 2010.